Sunday 11 September 2011

Jane Eyre - the newest adaptation

I have just got back from seeing the new film adaptation of 'Jane Eyre' at the cinema. I have to admit that I have never read the book, but I have seen most of the previous adaptions, and the one I saw today was by far the best. Michael Fassbender *dreamy sigh* and Mia Wasikowska are fabulous in their roles as Rochester and Jane, and the costumes, though apparently from the wrong decade- when Jane is at Thornfield they are 1840s (I am not entirely sure when Jane Eyre is set but I think 1840s/1850s), are beautiful though the colours are a bit to dark and dull for my liking.

The only problem I had with it was the ending. It is so abrupt and doesn't show them living their lives together as the 06 version does. I find it so annoying when films just stop suddenly, I like to see the hero and heroine living their happy lives together (cheesy I know :)). Apart from the ending it was fabulous and  is definitely worth seeing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review! Can't wait to watching this movie (but I guess I'll have to wait for the dvd as it isn't announced in the theatres nearby).

    Sabine

    ReplyDelete