Monday 18 April 2011

Dress for Excess

'Dress for Excess' is an exhibition, on late 18th/early 19th century clothing, that is being held in the Royal Pavilion in Brighton, until the beginning of next year. I went to see it a couple of weeks ago. I was very excited about this exhibition as I had heard lots about it from a friend who volunteers at Brighton Museum, and of course any chance to see Regency costume. :) I had already been to the Pavilion, so I quickly whizzed through the rooms that didn't have any costumes in them and got through the exhibition in about 20 mins! The clothing displayed was gorgeous but I have to admit that I thought there would be more - there were only about 14 items of clothing. However, they were beautiful and very well displayed, and it was wonderful to see the costumes in period correct surroundings. Definitely worth a visit if you happen to be in Brighton. :) Sadly I wasn't allowed to take any photos but here is the website for the exhibition with more information on it and a photo of one of the costumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment