Thursday 25 August 2011

Dressing the Stars - Sense and Sensibility, Howard's End, A Room with a View

In a previous post I mentioned the exhibition of costumes from period dramas that is currently being held in the Assembly Rooms in Bath. Bath is a long way to go for a day (nearly 3 hours each way) so I was debating whether to go or not, but I had a free day yesterday so I jumped at the chance. I did not regret my decision.

The exhibition is in the Ballroom of the Assembly Rooms, so there isn't room for hundreds of costumes but most of what was there was amazing. My favourite panel of costumes was the Sense and Sensibility/Howards End/A Room with a View one. I took so many photos of the costumes that I got a few odd stares, especially as most people were taking one photo and moving on to the next costume.I spent nearly an hour in the room and probably about half and hour of that was staring at the 6 costumes on my favourite panel!! :)

Here are some of the costumes - I apologise for the odd fuzzy image or 2, I think it was a mixture of my silly camera not focusing and my hands shaking from excitement! :)

Edward and Elinor









Marianne and Colonel Brandon
(On their Wedding Day)  :) 





A close-up of Marianne's train






The train again 

Detail on the bottom of Marianne's veil



Lucy Honeychurch
(A Room with a View)











Margaret Schlegel 
(at Simpson's Restaurant)
(Howard's End)





More costumes from the exhibition in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment