Thursday 4 October 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award

Now on to fulfilling the duties that are bestowed on a receiver of this award.

There are a few rules that you have to follow:

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to that person's blog

2. Post the award on the sidebar of your blog.

3. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself

And last but not least - 4 Choose 15 other blogs and nominate them for the award.

I have already completed 1 and 2 so...

3. Hmmm... lets see

I am British and live in England, but I spent much of my childhood living abroad.

I am crazy about all things Regency, well actually 18th and 19th centuries.

I am a huge Jane Austen fan (though I think many fellow bloggers are :) )

I enjoy sewing but am pretty appalling at it so 99% of the clothes, I wear to Regency events, I have bought!

I am part of a Napoleonic Re-enactment group, but would also love to join a Victorian group.

I am currently working as a nursery school teaching assistant, but dream of having a job in the heritage sector.

I have a strange interest in modern ships. It isn't similar to any of my other interests but for some reason I find them fascinating. :)

Well that is definitively enough about me. On, to number 4 - nominating other people's fabulous blogs. I am not sure if I will be able to nominate 15 as most of the blogs I follow have already been nominated but here goes...

Afternoon Tea Total Written by Natalie, someone who like me adores tea. :) She visits loads tearooms in both Britain and Germany and writes wonderful reviews about them. A must visit for anyone who loves tea. :)

Amanda's Costumes A fabulous blog crammed full of photos of gorgeous costumes and amazing events.

Between Naps on the Porch Written by Susan, it is the blog for anyone who has an interest in interior design, DIY, historic houses in America, crafts and many more things. It is amazing.

El Vestidor Anacronico A spanish blog written by Nereida. Thankfully she writes in both spanish and English as my spanish is non-existant. She is an amazing seamstress who makes the most gorgeous costumes. I would love to have her entire costume wardrobe. :)

Miss Cathie Written by my friend and fellow Gibson Girl Cathie, it is a beautiful blog about life, fashion and all things pretty and delicious :).  It is a must-visit for anyone who has any interest in these subjects. :)

These three Oregon Regency Society Blogs

http://oregonregency.blogspot.co.uk/

http://orscascades.blogspot.co.uk/

http://orspuget.blogspot.co.uk/

I just love the ORS. I wish I lived in Oregon just so I could join!! They organise the most amazing events and all its members have such beautiful costumes. It is a dream of mine to one day attend the ORS Regency Retreat. These blogs are full of fabulous photos of  their events. :)

The Story of a Seamstress Written by Atlanta, who is a very talented seamstress, who makes amazing historical costumes (she made my beautiful blue Victorian ball gown). Her blog shows all her fabulous creations. Her etsy shop Bonnie Blue Arts is a must-visit.

I think I am going to stop there, but there are so many blogs that deserve this award.









No comments:

Post a Comment