Wednesday 29 June 2011

Regency Tea and Jane Austen's Sewing Box

On Sunday, which was a gloriously sunny day, I had a Regency/Alice in Wonderland tea party in my garden with a few friends. It was originally just going to be Regency but then one of my friends wanted to come as the Cheshire cat, so the double theme sprung from there. However finding a Cheshire cat costume that you can wear on a hot day seemed rather impossible, so in the end only two of us dressed up and we both wore Regency (I wore my gown which has a cream background with little pink flowers)  :).
I had great fun baking way too many scones, biscuits and cakes and then two of my friends made sandwiches and sausage rolls - we didn't end up eating even half the food as their was so much! I used my tea set from Whittard's - its first proper outing :), and as well as tea we had Pimms - perfect for a summer afternoon. The whole afternoon was lovely - the perfect way to spend a Sunday in June.


The tea table :)


One of my friends really sweetly gave me 'Jane Austen's Sewing box'. It is a book about Regency clothing and Austen's novels, which I have been wanting ever since I saw it on someone's blog (I can't for the life of me remember which blog it was as I read so many!). Anyway it is a fabulous book. :)



1 comment: