Tuesday 17 May 2011

Marshmallow Cupcakes

One of my cousins was meant to be bringing her children to tea today so I decided to make some cupcakes - marshmallow ones that I have never attempted before - sadly in the end they couldn't come but I decided to make them anyway. It is a Hummingbird Bakery recipe which are usually relatively simple, this however was not!! Instead of putting the marshmallows in the cake mixture, they tell you to make a hole in each of the cupcakes once they have been baked and cooled, and then fill them with melted marshmallow. I don't know if any of you have ever tried to melt marshmallows and then transfer the subsequent goo out of the bowl and into something else, but I can tell you it is impossible. The marshmallow just sticks to the spoon and the bowl and cools so quickly and goes rock hard. After 2 failed attempts I gave up and just filled the holes with mini marshmallows. :) They are rather tasty - a bit sickly if you eat too many - but very yummy :).

Here are some photos:




1 comment: